Google for Startups Accelerator: Black Founders is a 10-week digital accelerator program for Seed to Series A technology startups in Canada and U.S.
The accelerator program is designed to bring the best of Google’s programs, products, people and technology to Black founder communities across North America. In addition to mentorship and technical project support, the accelerator also includes deep dives and workshops focused on product design, customer acquisition and leadership development for founders.
The Google for Startups Accelerator: Black Founders will kick off in September 2023. The cohort will consist of 10-12 top Canadian and U.S. headquartered startups.
- The accelerator runs for a period of 10 weeks, with digital workshops, programming, and mentorship taking place each week.
- As part of the Google for Startups Accelerator, selected founders outline the top technical challenges facing their startup, and are then paired with relevant experts from Google to help solve those challenges.
- Participating startups receive deep mentorship on technical challenges with an emphasis on data and machine learning, as well as connections to relevant teams from across Google.
- Google for Startups Accelerator: Black Founders Program is open to black-led technology startups within North America.
- The accelerator program is best suited for Seed to Series A revenue generating tech startups that are headquartered in North America.
- Selected companies should have a minimum of 5+ employees and the founder and appropriate team members must be available to join all program elements of their cohort.
- In order to ensure Google can provide meaningful value, startups should aim to leverage AI/ML technology in their product, service or operations and/or show an interest in leveraging this technology in the future.
Three months of equity-free support
Mentoring from 20+ Google teams
Training on design, marketing, and leadership
Support on company and product strategy
Google product credits for your tech stack
Early access to new Google products and tools
Access to experts
Access to Google’s network of industry experts
Technical project partnership
Partnership on an advanced technology project
- September 2023: Program Kick-off
For More Information: Google for Startups Accelerator: Black Founders