The Black Seed Accelerator Program gives you the roadmap to success for your tech-enabled startup. Join a Cohort of Black-led Tech Startups for a 12-week program. The Black Seed Accelerator program allows you to leverage our expertise and network to grow your idea from vision to a scalable startup.
Black Business Ventures Association (BBVA) is on a mission to supercharge Black tech founders and startups with opportunities to engage with and contribute to their local innovation ecosystem fully and, in the process, capture target market opportunities.
A Black led founder and preference for a team with a founder and co-founder
Just starting your business within the past 18 months.
Startup should be based in Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba
Tech-Driven or Tech-Enabled
A company or startup where technology is the core part of the solution
The Black Seed Accelerator Playbook:
- Design your business models
- Identify and prioritize risk assumptions
- Communicate and idea clearly with stakeholders
- Test whether and idea is worth pursuing
- Stress-test using small and fast experiments
- Test customer interviews to learn from customers’ responses
- Practice pitches to customers
- Build a company-wide dashboard
- Operate and make decisions under conditions of extreme uncertainty
- Get recommendations for suitable grants
- Get support to apply for grants
- Meet and establish relationship with interested investors
Access 100% virtual online curriculum, mentorship and networks
Focusing on early-stage companies, registered by Black-led tech founders with global market potential
We do not require any equity from your startup. We value your time and commitment